Saturday 19 March 2016

A Fresh Spring Base Routine / ft the Laura Mercier Illuminating Tinted Moisturiser


Laura Mercier Illuminating Tinted Moisturiser, L'Oreal Lumi Magique, Charlotte Tilbury Mini Miracle Eye Wand


Laura Mercier Illuminating Tinted Moisturiser, L'Oreal Lumi Magique, Charlotte Tilbury Mini Miracle Eye WandI may be massively jumping the gun here, but the second I see a hint of sunshine I snap into full Summer mode. For me this means barbecues, cocktails and fresh, glowy make up - however seeing as it's actually still freezing outside only one of these things has been at all realistic. I've gone back to an old favourite tinted moisturiser from last Summer paired with some more recent discoveries in the way of an illuminating drugstore primer and light concealer.

The Laura Mercier Illuminating Tinted Moisturiser was a favourite of mine last summer for it's gorgeous glow giving formula that can be built up to cover what you need it to, with the help of a little concealer. The product does look slightly shimmery when squeezed from the tube but once blended onto the skin this disappears and leaves behind a radiant, dewy finish. I actually use my fingertips to apply this, which makes for a speedy application in the mornings with the added bonus of including SPF 20. As far as tinted moisturisers go, this product has pretty decent staying power, however recently I've been pairing it with the L'Oréal Paris Lumi Magique Primer - a sheeny, hydrating formula that has been helping my base stay put all day. I love this under more velvet finish foundations such as the Nars Sheer Glow to give a radiance boost, but it's still really wearable when paired with something already illuminating, like the Laura Mercier. Finally I've been loving a touch of the Charlotte Tilbury Mini Miracle Eye Wand to brighten my under eye area and conceal any dark circles, patted in with my fingertips.

The result of these products is a dewy, fresh base that lasts all day with a dusting of my Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light. I gravitate towards this kind of finish all year round, but particularly in the warmer months when it's all about looking glowy, awake and healthy. Have you switched to a lighter base recently or tried any of these products? Let me know in the comments!

SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I also love a beautiful, glowy makeup as soon as the sun decides to show up. It looks so healthy and amazing! I love the L'oreal primer. It is amazing x

    www.thelisasworld.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know me too - reminds me of MAC's Strobe Cream except it helps keep your make up in place! x

      Delete
  2. i really want to try all the products you mentioned. i love a glowy make up and i heard so much about my ct concealer and i need it.


    loovelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

© Layna Marie

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig